About the Foundation
The Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) Educational Foundation, Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit entity dedicated to assisting the College in meeting its current and future needs. Its purpose is to generate support and resources for the College beyond those provided by the Commonwealth of Virginia. The administration of contributed resources includes assuring that designated gifts are used in accordance with the wishes of the donors.
Incorporated in 1978, the Foundation is committed to raising funds for academic programs, facility upgrades, equipment, student scholarships and professional development for employees. Private contributions ensure that the College is able to keep its promise and pledge of providing increasing academic excellence and expanding business and industry services.
The Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. All gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law. For income tax purposes, the federal identification number for the Foundation is 51-0247624. Its fiscal year is January 1 through December 31.
To view the Foundation’s recent Form 990, please visit www.guidestar.org.
Mission of the Foundation
Our mission is to support Lord Fairfax Community College in providing a challenging and enriching learning-centered environment for all students, employees and community members that prepares them to succeed in the 21st century.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Cultivating dynamic partnerships with individuals, businesses, organizations and communities
- Securing funds to support the educational opportunities, programs, facilities and services offered by the College
- Enhancing community awareness of the College and the Foundation
- Providing prudent fiscal management of funds and resources contributed to the Foundation
We embrace the following core values as we conduct our operations, make our decisions and plan for our future:
- We are student centered. We focus our efforts on enhancing their LFCC learning experience.
- We are donor oriented. We recognize that our donors are vital to the Foundation and to the College. We respect them, and we will be loyal to them.
- We are team driven. We work together in our Foundation, in our College and in our community. Teamwork works.